I'm gonna start by saying that #CabinFever is REAL. It's REAL, y'all. I identify as an introvert, so staying in the house, separated from others, and doing my own thing comes pretty naturally. I've never once felt "STUCK at home." I have found, though, that some days I get a little antsy being cooped up. It's not that I don't love being home and safe, it's more so that I miss doing the little routines I had set that involved me going out and seeing the world.
I'm sure y'all can relate.
This Sunday, I took a page from my book and decided to just #chillax. I woke up at my regular time, did some chores, made hot tea, & kicked it with my favorite actor friends on Netflix.
Here are my personal recommendations to keep your #MentalHealth both up and positive during a time of so much uncertainty and confusion.
20 Things to do at Home
2. Virtual Yoga
3. Virtual Dance Lessons
4. Learn a new skill (#YouTube is GREAT for this!)
5. Arts and crafts.
6. Write letters to those you miss.
7. Binge watch shows you've been putting off.
8. Reorganize your room and declutter!
9. Take a virtual trip.
10. Knock out things on your To-Do List that you "Never have enough time for!"
11. Host a group call game night, dinner, hangout.
12. Do a puzzle.
13. Sit outside if your living space accommodates!
14. Organize your 1 million pictures on your camera roll.
16. Plan trips to take in the future.
19. Find a new side hustle & begin game-planning.
20. Learn to love & be comfortable with yourself.
If there is nothing else you take away from this time of #socialdistancing, I hope you take away a new love & admiration for yourself.
Life can be difficult sometimes. It also doesn’t always make sense to me. I’ve learned that sometimes changing my perspective gives me more clarity. I 12/9 recommend you try it, too.
May your day be ever filled with love, light, and of course, an abundance of chicken tenders💜🌻✨