I don't want to grow up. Can you blame me? My birthday is 3 days away & all I keep thinking is
growing up is a trap. run faster.
But, you obviously cannot run from aging. You have to keep getting older because that's just the way life is. It doesn't change me not wanting to grow up, though. I know a lot of people can relate. This post is for is for all the children at heart--the ones who never really grew up, but celebrated birthdays every year they aged. To the ones who can still see the rainbows & butterflies in the chaos of the world & to the ones who remind others never to lose touch with their inner-kid.
This one is also for those who understand that growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. To the ones who are responsible, but live life to the fullest because they know it's short. To the ones who "have it all together," but make time to do things that set their souls on fire.
22 Candles: 22 important life lessons.
Remember: have fun & laugh too.
Whatever it is that's stressing & worrying you won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Let it go.
You cannot change a person, but you can change yourself.
That person who constantly ignores you is unworthy of your time. It's God's whispers saying, "I'm removing this person from your path because they are hindering the soil in which you will grow." It will suck & it might hurt. You'll thank Him later.
Holding a grudge won't benefit you in any way. Ask for clarity, understanding, & peace of mind. Then, let it go. There are bigger & better things.
Hug the people you love. Time is short & you never know when that last time will happen.
Be kind to yourself. The world is already filled with critics, haters, & nonbelievers; you don't need to add to that list.
Do more of what makes you happy.
Love without boundaries or limitations.
Travel as often as you can. There is so much world to see & so many experiences to embrace.
Laugh until your eyes water.
12. You know only what someone chooses to share with you. If you don't want to feel judged, then do not judge yourself.
13. Trust your gut.
14. Don't give up on yourself. You know what you are capable of. You know what is inside. Anything is possible for you. Keep believing.
15. Don't ever dwindle your light to please someone who can't see your shine.
16. If you love them, tell them. Don't waste a single second.
17. You will fall, & it will hurt. When presented with the next step, always choose getting up & moving forward. Without failure you will not experience growth.
18. Eat the ice cream!
19. Listen to your elders. They've been there. They've done that. You're not wiser than they are despite what you think.
20. Be thankful for what you have & not envious of others who have what you want. Everyone's life & path is different. Trust your journey.
21. Take that risk. Take that chance. Leap & let the wind carry you.
22. Don't ever be afraid to be you...whoever you are...at your core...just be you. That's what makes you so special.
May your day be ever filled with love, light, and of course, an abundance of chicken tenders💜🌻✨